Here’s a tip for when you bring in a new virtual team member to your business:
Before you throw them in the deep end, have a project that is not time critical that you can get them to do that will test their skills and let them get familiar with the way you like things done.
Once you have both clarified exactly how you like it done, get them to write a step by step procedure that can be adapted to similar projects in your business.
An Example In Progress You Can Watch
As an example, the gorgeous Hazel who has just joined our team is working on www.ThePowerof100Book.com .
Watch this space as she:
1. Converts each chapter to 1 or 2 blog posts
2. Creates inspirational quote images from each chapter and inserts then in the posts
3. Schedules over 100 posts to go out every day for the next 6 months
4. Implements a social media campaign based on the images she has created and tips and quotes she has chosen from each chapter
5. Edits recorded readings of the book and adds the intro and outro audios
6. Create podcast episodes from the audios and schedules them to publish once per week for the next…well 2 years really.
7. Create procedures for all these things
Then it will be rinse and repeat these skills and procedures on projects that have tighter deadlines. And there are a lot of those coming up!
What projects do you have that you can use as an induction project for a new team member?